Monday, May 7, 2007

Its Gaul-Way not Galway... who knew?

Well it has been a couple days since I last posted... and I assure you that I am alive and well, very well as a matter of fact!

I managed to catch the... second... 8 o'clock bus on saturday morning which was headed to Galway. I was supposed to catch the first one with some girls I met at the orientation in Dublin... but after lollygagging around the hostel for too long, I ending up making it to the first bus just as it announced that it was too full... and I desperately waved goodbye to the other chicks... who were at the bus station on time apparently... and waited for the second bus to arrive.

The trip was long and I tried to stay awake to watch the scenery... but after having been awake all night thanks to some german girls who decided to... i dont know... wrap presents or crupple paper for an hour and a half at 2 am... I was exhausted. I finally arrived in Galway and waited for Bekah to meet me at the bus station... this was to be the first time we met... where I would finally see if she really was a 19 year old girl... or a creepy 40 year old pervert PRETENDING to be a 19 year old girl... you never know when you meet people online.

We met and thank heavens... she was who she said she was! We started on our journey to "shanty street" and I was happily surprised to find that it was not in fact a ghetto! The house actually used to be a bed and breakfast!... mind you it was a crap hole inside... it appears as if no one cleans their house when they move out... and let me tell you we found chunks of unidentifiable gunk in the most bizarre places... cleaning the bathroom was a real treat... but most of the really disgusting stuff was already finished by bekah and Sonja (the woman I rent from) before I arrived.

Currently, Bekah, Imara (the Spanish girl) and I live in the one house and Sonja and two other students live in the house next door... but they are moving out and Sonja is moving into our house. We are still cleaning but the house is shaping up and is really starting to feel like home.

It is like a constant laugh living here... Bekah and I are so similar and it has been such an ab work out (from laughing so hard) and sonja is hilarious! she is so sarcastic and the three of us get along real well... Imara is very quiet and her boyfriend has been visiting for the weekend so we have not seen much of her... but she is pretty nice too.

Yesterday Bekah and I became super bargain shoppers!!! *theme music begins to play* we got a ton of groceries and we actually found... brace yourself... 7 up flavored water!!! it is like it was made for me! we have already finished off something like 4 litres between the two of us... haha... yes yes call me pee pee mcgee if you like... just kidding

Later on yesterday night the two of us decided to investigate the "Galway night scene"... so we got all pretty-ed up and headed out. We checked out a couple of pubs and even accidentally went into a very gay club... (i really dont know how we didnt see the big rainbow flag infront) then we found a place called "the living room" and decided to check it out... as we made our way to the dance floor we began to feel very confident in our groove busting abilities (as we noticed that irish people are not the greatest dancers... i know i know... river dance... but no... they are not) We eventually came to meet a group of guys... one of which they called a leprechaun (and I am not going to lie... there was a slight resemblance...) we danced our brains out and had sooo much fun! The place was absolutely crowded but we loved it. When all was said and done and danced... Bekah and I made the painful 20 minute stroll home in uncomfortable high heels with boulder sized blisters... then we proceeded to sleep sleep sleep.

Today we had planned to do more exploring in the Claddaugh area which is right on the ocean... so we got all dressed... blue skys and sunshining... we took tons of pictures and then out of nowhere it POURED on us and we were soaked... everyone stared as the "stupid canadians ran screaming and shouting through the fields in search of cover"... and as soon as we made it to the other side and back into town... IT STOPPED and there were blue skys again... it was like we were the ONLY wet people in town! So we finished the day off lazily... made dinner, hung out with sonja, then watched some tv with Imara and her boyfriend... before I ended up here... writing this...

Tomorrow morning I will be getting up quiet early to head down to the Garda (the Police) to file my immigration paper-y things and then i will begin pounding the pavement in search of a job to sustain me!

Wish me luck!

No comments: