Monday, May 7, 2007

She Hath Cometh

I have finally made it to Dublin... 4 hour drive + 6 hour wait + 6 hour flight + too much to do instead of sleeping = 28 hours without sleep... but it is soooo worth it

So I said goodbye to my parents (okok... some tears were shed in the process) walked past security and was ready to begin my adventure. As luck would have it I gave up my precious aisle seat (easy bathroom access... lol) so that an older couple could sit next to each other... and i was placed between two guys, both Irish (one canadian irish and the other from Galway... the actual city where i will be living)... being that I was squeshed inbetween, prevented me from sleeping during the flight... (typing is getting very challenging at this point because i am sooo exhausted but i am trying to get used to the time change by not sleeping yet) The Galway man told me that my street in Galways is basically... in the ghetto... but not to worry because although "shantalla street" is often refered to as "shanty street" by the locals... it is not dangerous and it leads into a good. part of town.

Oh geeze louise... i need to sleep... so to make a long story short, I am safe in sound... there was no hot water and i met a girl who ate dinner with me

I will have to make this story more interesting tomorrow once i get some sleep and am less WONKY

ciao

No comments: