Monday, May 7, 2007

People, people EVERYWHERE!

This place is starting to feel alittle New Yorkish... there are people literally EVERYWHERE and as mentioned the drivers will kill you... what you think is a side walk may in fact be a road... that was the lesson of the day

Today I woke up after sleeping considerably well being that I shared a room with 20 other girls (no snorers thank God) and I went to enjoy my delicious free breakfast... Bread... I was just about to head to my orientation when the manager asked me my name and told me I had a message from Brian... I though "wow, dad called?" no, actually the guy I was sitting with on the plane had come to my hostel last night and
left me a message asking me to call him if I wanted to hang out... how perfect since being alone can be boring sometimes...

So I went to my orientation, presented by a woman named Zile... she was scary... we all thought she would beat us if we did something wrong, LUCKILY we were good ;) and we got TONS of info about taxes, travel, and basically everything... I also met a couple girls who are also moving to Galway. Tomorrow we are all going to meet and take the 8 o'clock bus across the country to Galway... so that should be good!

After the Orientation I met with Brian and we spent the day exploring... we went to Trinity College (the main University), Dublin Castle (which looked more like a hidden parking lot) and we even discovered a library with NO books (then I made some dumb joke about a library without books to two other people... and they just looked at me like I was special... and said "it is only called a library... it is a museum..." and walked away but honestly... who names a museum a library? thats just dumb.

I have officially decided that when people say "the irish are really friendly" that it is the honest to God truth, every Irish person i have met so far has been so awesome. Today Brian and I asked some old guy where the big park was... and he walked with us half way there!

Around six Brian and I parted ways because he was going to have dinner with his parents and I was going to meet with Stephanie (one of the girls moving to Galway with me tomorrow) It was so great to just walk around and get to know both of them today... Steph is from Vancover and finished design school... she is also a semi professional figure skater! We searched high and low for cheaper food and EVENTUALLY we found some at a spiffy downtown pub. Then we walked around some more (I can honestly say I have walked the city like 3 times today!)

Tomorrow I leave for Galway!!! I cannot wait... so I better go get some sleep
Ciao everyone

1 comment:

szutorisz said...

I like your writting style! :D And just cant wait to go there!
So take care with drivers and get use to them! :)




ps.: Ask my sister for blogger stuff such as slide show and so on. her page is http://blog.sunnywalk64.com/index.html