Friday, May 11, 2007

Nervousness Ensues...

Funny how... I could get on a plane, go to a foreign country, get lost in dublin, live in a hostel, take a bus across the country, move in with 4 people I have never met... and not be nervous... yet the though of going to a "work trial"... is freaking me right out!

So I went out the other day to give out my resumes... and in one day's work, I ended up with three "trials" which is basically like saying we are going to hire you on the bases of you not being a moron and if you are... then you're outta here bub. So today is my day to find out if I am bub... sure hope not...

I am going to "hopefully" be working at a place called Sonny's which turns into a night club called The Front Door... (not to be confused with The Back Door which is apparently what I called it the other day to my friend) I will be... ahhhhhh... waitressing... whoa geeze I hope my dad's tips on organization while waitressing help me get through today... but I mean, it isnt the fact that I will be a waitress that makes me nervous... it is the fact that I will be working with the head waiter. It is like saying "here do this job in a place where you have never been, never seen the menu and do it perfect the first time because if you screw it up then you are a bub"...

Deep breaths... I will be find I am sure and if worst comes to worst, I can always flash the dimples and hope that I can distract him long enough to fix whatever mess I get myself into!

Well wish me luck

TO BE CONTINUED...

1 comment:

szutorisz said...

Good Luck!

How is it going now?